GARETH MALONE CHOIR SEARCH
Audition Participation Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to your attending the auditions to participate in a UK wide search for choir members and which Decca, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited (“Decca”) proposes but does not undertake to record and release at a date in the future (“The Project”). The information given by you in your nomination may be used in the Project should you be selected from the audition.
2. You must abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition as determined by the Decca (the “Rules”) and the Rules may be changed (including without limitation verbally) at any time by the Decca in its sole discretion. Decca’s decisions regarding all elements of the audition and application process, and the Project shall be final and binding.
3. Auditions can be submitted using the online audition form available at www.garethmalonechoir.com (“Audition Form”). The nomination process closes on 30 April 2013 at 23:59 or at such other date and time as Decca may elect. Decca may in its sole discretion include additional methods of application at any time and the closing dates for such methods will be as stated in the relevant promotion.
4. You may only apply for an audition using the Audition Form available at www.garethmalonechoir.com and submitting the Audition Form including your own name, date of birth, email address and contact phone number and any other required details. No other methods of application for audition (including without limitation, email or tweets) will be accepted (unless Decca specifies to the contrary).
6. You accept that completing an Audition Form does not automatically mean that you will be invited to audition for the Project and we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to stand you down at any time during the production process, even if the you have been given a date to attend auditions.
7. You must meet certain eligibility requirements in order to take part in the Project including but not limited to:
(i) having the right to live and work in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland and be able to demonstrate that you have this right on request by Decca at any time. Any changes in your immigration status must be notified to Decca immediately.
(ii) you must be at least 18 years old on 1 April 2013; and
(iii) you must not be subject to an exclusive agreement for your audio or audio-visual recording services.
Decca reserves the right to disqualify you from the Project at any time in the event such eligibility requirements are not satisfied.
8. As a further condition of entry you must be available to attend auditions on either 25 April or any other date between 2 May and 7 May 2013 at a location in London (or other locations outside London as advised) to be advised. You must be able to attend auditions entirely at your own cost and make you own way to auditions and provide your own accommodation too.
9. If your audition is successful you will be required to attend rehearsals and recording will take place between the 7 to 13 May inclusively and 21 May 2013.
10. Decca, their sub-contractors, holding companies, subsidiaries and/or agencies do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any network or line, system, server, provider, software or otherwise which may result in any Audition Form being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded or Links not being properly accessed. Decca cannot promise that the website will be free from errors or omissions nor that it will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. The system and/or service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Decca. Decca will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the system and/or service is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
11. Decca does not represent that Project will take place. By submitting a Audition Form you are signifying your agreement to these terms and conditions and you are consenting to the Audition Form and your personal details submitted as part of the Audition Form being used for the purposes of the Project and any connected purposes including without limitation in promotional material related to the Project which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall include online advertisements in connection with the Project. There is no charge for making auditions via the Audition Form but internet service provider fees may apply for accessing the internet. Auditions received outside of the stated date(s) and time(s) will not be considered.
12. You agree that if the Audition Form is incomplete or incomprehensible, not received by Decca or sent in after any specified closing date or not compliant with these terms and conditions that it may be considered to be invalid and not be considered further by Decca.
13. Decca will use the Link(s) which you have provided to them in the Audition Form to assess whether or not to select you for the audition for the Project. You accept that we will not acknowledge or respond to each and every nomination but only to those of who Decca wishes to put forward to the next stage of the selection process. Decca will review the Link(s) included on the Audition Forms and shall decide whether you are suitable to be put forward to the next stage of the selection process. You accept and agree that individuals will be selected in Decca’s sole discretion, that such decisions shall be final and that there will be no right of appeal against any decisions taken by the Decca on this matter.
14. Decca may at its sole discretion select individuals and invite them to an audition.
15. The completion of application Audition Form or selection by Decca of an individual does not guarantee that they will receive an audition or participate in the Project.
16. In the event that you are invited to attend an audition you will be required to irrevocably grant all consents necessary for Decca to film and record such audition and to use recordings featuring your image and/or voice in connection with the Project and/or ancillary rights in the Project and to exploit the same in all media throughout the world in perpetuity without the need for payment to you. You acknowledge that you understand the style, nature and format of the Project and that we reserve the right to show all auditions whether successful or unsuccessful.
17. Should you be selected to take part in the Project they will be required to enter into further contracts with Decca and to abide by the terms therein.
18. All personal details and/or information given in the nomination either in the Audition Form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
19. Decca reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
20. You will not without Decca’s prior written consent disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to the Project, your application, the production team or any participants in the Project nor any other information which may come to your attention, Decca or otherwise save where such information is already in the public domain. For the avoidance of doubt, you will not disclose either the fact of your application or any of the details thereof.
21. No fee will be paid to you in the event you are selected to audition for the Project. You agree to sign such further documents as may be required by Decca to confirm the above.
22. If you are selected to audition for the Project, you may be required to participate in publicity, which may include (without limitation), photography, interviews and social media activity. Decca may exercise its sole discretion to use your name and image and their comments relating to the Project and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
23. By submitting an Audition Form, you agree Decca may contact you. Decca does not guarantee that all persons who submit an Audition Form will be contacted.
24. You acknowledge and agree that Decca may in its sole discretion include your Audition Form and your personal details in the Project, on website(s) or in any other media in connection with the Project or otherwise make it public via any media or otherwise exploit it in any manner without notice and without any fee being paid.
25. Data Protection
1. We take your privacy very seriously. The information you provide about yourself as part of the audition procedure will be used by Decca to assess whether or not to select you for the Project. If you are successful in the audition process, this information may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the Project. By submitting the Audition Form you consent to any information you provide, including without limitation any sensitive personal information, being used for this purpose.
2. We may use the information you provide to verify your age and identity (and the age.
3. If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please contact Decca.